We’re recruiting a Fundraising Manager for Bristol and Bath Parks Foundation. We are looking for someone with a proven track-record of successfully leading fundraising initiatives, who has an entrepreneurial mindset and who loves working with Bristol and Bath’s brilliant communities.
To download full details and apply for this vacancy please click the link below.Fundraising Manager Position
You will be energetic and ambitious with a demonstrable track record of generating income across a range income streams. Ideally you will have experience of and be confident in gaining high level gifts from major donors or corporates. You will be confident making face to face asks and have experience of developing income streams from scratch.
You will be joining a small and dynamic staff and volunteer team with an impressive board of Trustees. It is crucial that you are a team player, willing to get involved to support wider organisational priorities, just as we will to support your work.
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 pro rata depending on experience.
Contract: 4 days per week (flexible working supported), 12-month fixed term contract. Flexible working considered.
Key relationships: reporting to Foundation Director, working with Marketing and Communications Officer and Trustees, supporting Fundraising Volunteers and parks groups/volunteers.
As the first Fundraiser joining our small team, you will play a crucial role in reviewing and implementing our fundraising strategy. You will lead the development and growth of our income streams at an exciting point for the charity. As we move into our second year of operation, parks have never been more topical as their crucial role supporting community health and wellbeing has been widely recognised through the pandemic.
You will spearhead the development of our major donor programme and raise funds from individuals, trust and foundations and corporates. As the charity’s only fundraiser, you will be responsible for implementing the whole fundraising portfolio with support from the team – the Foundation Director, Marketing & Communications Officer and a Trusts and Foundations Consultant who will continue to manage larger grant applications. As we are a new organisation, often this will mean starting from scratch, building new relationships and responding to opportunities.
Working with volunteers and supporting community groups to work in parks is core to our role. You will provide advice to park groups on how to raise funds and where appropriate develop joint fundraising initiatives.
It is crucial that you are an ambitious self-starter with a broad range of fundraising experience and an entrepreneurial approach. You must be confident in making direct and face to face approaches and representing BBPF externally. Although this is a fixed term contract, we hope to be able to extend the contact as our income grows and this role offers exciting progression opportunities in the future.
Our staff work from home and you will be expected to travel to parks and meetings across Bristol and Bath on a regular basis.
1. Fundraising strategy and budget management
• Work with the Director to review our fundraising strategy to support the financial sustainability of a new and ambitious charity.
• Hold responsibility for the delivery of the strategy and associated budget to meet set goals.
• Chair the Trustee Fundraising & Communications Committee meeting held 5 times a year.
2. Major giving
• Work with Trustees and Director to recruit and manage a Development Board to identify, research and approach our first major donor supporters.
• To prepare and present individual cases for support and effectively make a personal ask to solicit funds.
• Take a lead on the development of new and existing major donor relationships.
• Maintain accurate and up to date record of all contacts.
3. Trusts and foundations
• Work with the Director and Trusts and Grants Consultant to pro-actively develop relationships with new funders and maintain relationships with a range of trusts, foundations and other grant giving institutions.
• Work alongside our Trust and Grants Consultant to research and identify new funders and prepare high-quality funding applications.
• Manage relationships and ensure timely reporting to funders.
• Work with the team to improve impact reporting and build strong cases for support.
4. Individual giving
• Work with Marketing and Communications Officer to develop and implement campaigns to recruit supporters.
• Work with Marketing and Communications Officer to develop strategies to retain supporters.
5. Corporate giving
• Research potential corporate supporters and plan and deliver engaging approaches to them.
• Work with our key partners, Bristol City Council and Bath and North East Somerset Council, to maximise opportunities for corporate engagement.
• Provide excellent account management, design and deliver bespoke communications.
• Maintain and develop knowledge of the corporate sector ensuring all fundraising opportunities are maximised.
6. Supporting park groups and volunteers
• Advise and support park groups on the best approach to raise funds to support projects in parks.
• Where appropriate develop joint fundraising initiatives.
7. Other duties
• Recording of income, banking, thanking and reporting for all donations, producing monthly reports.
• Maintain online fundraising platforms and support with generating content for social media feeds and other communication channels.
• Act as an ambassador for BBPF representing the charity and undertaking public speaking at external events, including a wide variety of networking events.
• Develop and implement a legacy plan.
• Ensure a full and up to date knowledge of ideas and trends in the fundraising sector, networking and attending events as appropriate.
• Support Director to develop charity’s governance policies and procedures in relation to fundraising.
• Provide advice and guidance to park volunteers and groups on fundraising as required.
• Recruit and manage Fundraising Volunteers to support the fundraising strategy.
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required in response to changing priorities.
1. Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors to develop relationships between them and BBPF.
2. Proven ability to make direct fundraising asks.
3. An understanding and appreciation of the importance of donor cultivation and stewardship.
4. Passion and knowledge in all aspects of the organisations work.
5. Excellent networking skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
7. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
8. Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritise accordingly to meet set deadlines.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, sensitivity, and negotiation.
10. Demonstrable experience of a broad range of fundraising techniques.
11. Thorough knowledge of charity law and fundraising practice, including tax effective giving and GDPR.
12. 3+ years of major donor and/or corporate fundraising experience.
13. Experience in trust fundraising.
14. Experience in individual giving/community fundraising.
15. Working with volunteers.
16. Innovative and creative, able to identify and act upon new opportunities.
17. An ability to relate to and communicate with people on all levels.
18. A team player willing to support the wider work of a small team with big ambitions.
19. An excellent communicator with strong persuasive skills.
20. Ability and willingness to work outside of regular working hours to attend events and meetings.
Interviews and how to apply
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
We will hold the first round of interviews on Zoom and intend to hold a second face-to-face interview providing it is possible given the current restrictions.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Charlee Bennett, Director, [email protected]